Thursday 15 June 2023

Dry and Hot weather

 Summer season is at peak in our region, the scorching heat has made it impossible to step outside in daytime. Temperature is hovering above 40 degree Celsius.  

The efforts toiled to protect plants from summer heat are proving to be waste due to excessive heat and humid climate. 

            Meanwhile some hardy plants are striving the heat and daring to bloom in this hot weather.

Adeniums are most drought tolerant plants that can withstand any possible weather conditions 


                                                                          


Bougainvillea is a summer loving plant that blooms all throughout the summer and monsoon 

                                                                               

Pink Oleander  blooms 


                                                                          




Gaillardias

                                                                                 


Spider Lily blooming                                                                                                                   



I am glad Zinnias are braving summer heat 


                                                                    


                                                                         

I spotted Pelicans during my visit to Bird sanctuary

                                                     



                                                 


                                        

                                                      


                                                              

12 comments:

  1. The pelican photos are really amazing, as are the photos of the plants that can brave the heat and do well. I thought it was hot here, but you are experiencing heat way above our 80's F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What marvelous photos - and I love those of the pelicans, especialy!
    Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/06/briam-mmmm-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is full of color despite the scorching heat, Arun. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures. I especially like the spider lily and the pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    The flowers are beautiful, lovely garden images. I love the pelicans, they are cool birds. Great photos.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great closeups of the Pelicans. We had draught and the flowers were looking bit rough, but then we had three days of rain so they're perking back up. Only good thing about the rain, it put off my having to mow for a week. Looked shabby, but then I did mow and the grass looks better after the rains. Beautiful flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty blooms! I want to add those zinnias to my landscape next year. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of pretty blooms and beautiful Pelicans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those birds! It does look hot tho! #Dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've ever seen spider Lily's before. How beautiful! I wonder if they need a super hot climate to survive. 40 degrees is hot, hot, hot! I'm not sure I'd want to step outside in those temperatures either. Thank you for joining us for the #DreamTeam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...