Saturday 15 April 2023

Springing into summer

 It's that time of year when spring is ending and summer season has arrived . It has been unusual spring due to the on going weather disturbances and concurrent rains  which has lead to unusual wet spring. 

It is the time to bid adieu Spring blossoms and welcome summer in the garden 


                                     Petunias and pansies are giving last of their booms with rise in temperatures  

                                                                       




I am surprised by consistent blooming of Geraniums and Blanket flower for the most part of spring 







Cornflowers 





I had added some of the new varieties of Kalanchoe this spring in my garden 



                                                               Kalanchoes blossfeldiana blooming




                                 Bougainvilleas are back in blooms  as Summer season is back 



                        Adenium is blooming finally  after rise in temperatures 

                                                             



                              Spider lilies are blooming with summer arrival , summer and rains are best season for lily blooms           


                                                            spi

                        

             I spotted this butterfly with unusual blue color , Anyone knows the ID                                                          


              In my recent visit to Bird sanctuary I spotted this beautiful Indian painted stork 


                                                                 

                                                          

                                                              Indian painted stork feeding on fish        




Finally an ode to mountains 

                                                          














                                                                           




















17 comments:

  1. I've been having trouble posting comments on your blog and it took several tries today - but here I am. As always, I enjoy your blooms-our nurseries aren't even selling petunias and other (for us) summer flowers. Greetings from the Northeast United States. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers nicely shown. I don't see the link up, but will try to come back later. Here's my link

    https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2023/04/true-places.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of flowers! The Painted Stork is one of my favorites. Pretty view of the mountain and sky! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We usually get an early start to summer, although not as early as you do, but we're unusually cool - and wet - this year. Your blanket flower always astounds me. I love the stork photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing Stork. I know they look odd but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Massachusetts, and am very jealous thinking of that beautiful bouganvillia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stork!!
    Thanks for sharing this blog with us at IRBB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice; thanks for sharing the beauty of your amazing blooms! Like Pat, in Massachusetts, I'm too far north for Bougainvillea, although I love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful blooms! Love spring flowers :)
    Here from inspire me linky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so colorful and beautiful photos. No flowers here yet because I don't have perennials, so was nice to see yours. I like pansy's but I usually never have any because they don't last long to buy them as annuals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty these blooms!
    Thanks for joining us this week at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/04/continued-from-last-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That stork is quite eye catching. Love seeing the flowers. It is almost time to do some planting/gardening here. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mountains! That stork looks so ungainly and I love your beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fascinating to realize that your spring flowers are our summer flowers here in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely flowers and that stork is adorable. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/04/flowers-and-more-flowers-on-tft.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer where you live already? We still haven't even had spring yet where I live. Gorgeous flowers! Love the bird photos. Thanks for linking up with Ageless Style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...